Since March 2010, HOC members—whose ranks now top 1,200—have voted monthly for the most compelling images uploaded and displayed by other club members. The photographer who attracts the most votes has his or her winning image featured online, along with a brief profile and image. In addition to introducing an online gallery for Hasselblad owners to showcase their work for some 1.4 million website visitors a year, the HOC has created an ideal environment for sharing tips and tricks, advice, and experiences with a wide cross section of Hasselblad photographers.
The roster of winners includes photographers with demographic diversity and varying photo specialties. Starting with this month's winner and working backward to the first winner, the HOC Photographers of the Month are;
- Alexander Martirosov, founder and owner of one of the largest retail chains of Italian fashion shoes in St. Petersburg, Russia., has long had a passion for photography. He specializes in architectural, landscapes, fashion and portraiture work.
Hasselblad Owners' Club frontpage.
- Eric Lafforgue, born in Pau, France, is a freelance photographer whose work has been published in GEO, National Geographic, and CNN Traveler.
- Edward Alba, born in Lima, Peru, is a fashion and commercial photographer with a client roster that includes McCann Erickson and JWT.
- Raffaele Sorbi, based in Italy, has worked in advertising with leading Italian and international brands, and enjoys portrait, wedding, fashion, glamour, and landscape photography.
- Tim Wallace, U.K., is the founder of Ambient Life, a photography studio specializing in high-end car photography and advertising stock photography for corporate, media, and commercial clients in the U.K., Europe, and the U.S.
- Ben Hattenbach, U.S.-based wildlife photographer, adventurer, and conservationist, explores some of the planet's least accessible most inhospitable places.
- Sofie Louca, owner of Amorphia Photography, specializes in contemporary wedding portrait photography in Cyprus, Greece, and the U.K., as well as destination weddings across Europe.
- Peter Golznig, born in Austria, specializes in architecture, people, and wildlife photography assignments.
- Claudio Napolitano, Venezuela-born, U.S.-based, began as a portrait photographer in Madrid, later specialized in commercial photography, and now takes pictures for the top U.S. agencies.
- Nikola Borissov, Bulgarian-born fashion, advertising and fine art photographer, loves fashion photography and creating beauty instead of just recording from his surroundings.
- Alessandro Dobici, Italy, fashion photographer, was the first HOC Photographer of the Month. Over 1,800 images were in the running. During the first weeks, the site received over 5,000 visitors.
If you are not yet an HOC, click here
. If you are an HOC member, whenever you visit hasselblad.com, you may vote for your favorite image of those showcased for the month. While you're there, change up your own images to refresh your portfolio!
Text by Alice B. Miller